Thanks to micro extrusion we are able to provide you with customised micro tubing. In this process, it is possible to achieve size ranges of as little as 0.1 mm (100 microns) interior diameter and a wall thickness of approximately 0.05 mm (50 microns).
Micro extruded tubing is used in micro-fluidics, micro catheters such as for paediatrics, in micro-analytics as well as peripheral infusion cannulas.
Aside from the materials polyurethane and polyamide, which are common in catheter products, we are also able to extrude micro tubing from high temperature thermoplastics such as PEEK, PEI and FEP.
These high temperature materials can be used up to 300°C and are characterised by high chemical resistance, bending stiffness, UV stability, physiological compatibility and sterilisability.
Our extrusion technology allows coextrusion of up to four different materials. Furthermore, we can embed X-ray contrast stripes into the tubing wall during the production of micro tubing.
- Internal diameters starting from 0.10 mm
- Wall thickness, starting from 0.05 mm
- Tightest tolerances up to +/- 0.02 mm
- Up to four layers can be combined
- Microcoating layers up to 0.005 mm coating thickness
- All typical thermoplastics can be selected, up to and including high-temperature materials