Micro Extrusion of Microlumen – the Smaller, the Better
We Extrude Tubing in Smallest Sizes
Thanks to micro extrusion we are able to provide you with customized micro tubing. In this process it is possible to achieve size ranges of only 0.1 mm (100 microns) interior diameter and a wall thickness of approximately 0.05 mm (50 microns). Micro extruded tubing such as micro catheters and peripheral intravenous cannulas are applied in micro-fluidics, in paediatrics as well as in micro-analytics.
Processing of Various Materials for Improved Properties
We extrude micro tubing not only from the materials polyurethane and polyamide, which are common in catheter products, but also from high temperature thermoplastics such as PEEK, PEI, PTFE Moldflon™ and FEP.
These high temperature materials can be used at temperatures up to 300°C/572°F and are characterized by high chemical resistance, bending stiffness, UV stability, physiological compatibility and sterilizability.
Our extrusion technology allows coextrusion of up to four different materials.
Overview of Specifications
- Internal diameters starting from 0.10 mm
- Wall thickness, starting from 0.05 mm
- Tightest tolerances up to +/- 0.02 mm
- Micro-layers up to 0.005 mm layer thickness
- Up to four layers can be combined
- Availability of all common thermoplastics as well as high temperature materials
- X-ray contrast stripes can be embedded into the tubing wall