Preservation of vital functions
through artificial feeding
When an illness prevents patients from being able to eat on their own, enteral feeding takes on vital function.
Artificial feeding – also known as tube feeding – provides patients who can no longer eat independently with energy, nutrients, vitamins and minerals by means of a stomach or nasal tube. With some severe illnesses, enteral feeding as a form of artificial feeding can become vital for the patient’s survival. It can boost healing and improve the individual quality of life.
Offering an extensive product portfolio that includes enteral feeding, RAUMEDIC has decades of experience working with medical and pharmaceutical companies around the world. This has given the company the know-how to serve as your ideal development partner in a continuously growing market: Worldwide, cancer as well as intestinal and diabetic illnesses are on the rise. This means demand for tubing made of various materials is also growing. So choose solutions from an experienced partner that enjoys outstanding expertise in materials.
Know-how and experience
From the development of your idea to the market-ready product, you receive everything from a single source. Experienced employees at our in-house chemical department actively test new PVC-free materials, for instance.
Individual textural settings in film technology provide bond strength that can be adjusted to meet specific customer needs. Excellent transparency and strong scratch resistance also set these products apart.
These products guarantee the lowest possible loss of active ingredients when being used, and dosages can be set very precisely. Products that protect the nutritional solution from light are also available if needed.
Portfolio for administering tube feeding
Learn more about the portfolio for enteral feeding here. Get to know some of the special aspects of product manufacturing and development and see the unique features of each solution for yourself.
PVC tubing for custom requirements
PVC tubing plays a crucial role in feeding sets. When it comes to formulating them, the sky’s nearly the limit. The properties of the tubing can be configured to meet your individual specifications:
- All soft-PVC compounds are formulated and developed with the requested hardness and flexibility and are manufactured in our own granulation facility specifically designed for medical applications.
- The extrusion technology used enables different surface finishes during production. If needed, the PVC tubing can be not only made to feel pleasant to the touch, but also finished with a high-gloss, microrough or matte surface depending on the customer’s requirements – for an optimum sense of touch and trouble-free fabrication.
- PVC can be glued and welded with all common solvents, thereby making it possible to employ all standard fabrication techniques.
- No other material in this range comes close to matching the physical properties of PVC, which can be formulated for all common types of sterilization including ETO, autoclaving and gamma radiation.
Lay-flat tubing: The variable product for bag production
EVA lay-flat tubing is ideally suited for producing bags for enteral feeding. Learn about the benefits, properties and versions of the product:
- Lay-flat tubing is available in flat widths between 100 millimeters (4 inches) and 500 millimeters (20 inches) for different bag sizes.
- Wall thickness is variably adjustable to between 0.20 millimeter (0.008 inches) and 0.40 millimeter (0.016 inches).
- Specially developed manufacturing processes provide the lay-flat tubing with a uniform, transparent and scratch-resistant surface.
- The unique design of the inner surface, which features longitudinal ribbing or texture, prevents the bags’ interior surfaces from sticking to each other, thereby guaranteeing user-friendly filling of the feeding bags.
- Observing very narrow tolerances enables trouble-free processing on modern high-speed assembly lines.
Silicone: The perfect material for feeding pumps
Silicone provides unparalleled resilience and durability in peristaltic pumps, offering many benefits related to enteral feeding.
- Any shore hardness between 40 and 60 A can be selected and then tailored to the design and function of your pump application.
- The ideal silicone tubing for each specific feeding pump is developed working with the customer.
- The silicone tubing can be produced with reduced surface stickiness.
- If needed, we can employ our proprietary printing technology for labeling.
- Compliance with very narrow manufacturing tolerances offers the best conditions for constant rates of production.
Coextruded tubing for sensitive solutions
To meet specific requirements related to special feeding solutions such as the need for light protection, coextruded tubing offers a perfect option for enteral feeding. Here are some of the top reasons:
- The combination of different materials in one tubing enables a wide range of functionalities in terms of serving as a gas barrier, providing UV protection and addressing assembly specifications.
- The layer distribution can be designed to meet specific requirements.
- The individual materials are tailored to work together so that delamination can be prevented with proper use.
Do you have questions about the products available for enteral feeding?
If you have any questions or suggestions, our experts are happy to advise you and assist you with the development of your idea. Please contact us and obtain information directly.
Product Manager Marketing & Sales