Always up to Date
We invite you to get to know RAUMEDIC better. In our press section, you will find current press releases as well as background information about the company and its different business areas. Here, we provide the most important facts and figures. If you would like to learn more about us, we kindly ask you to have a look at our company pages.
We are pleased to help media representatives with all issues around RAUMEDIC. You need further images, are researching about one of our areas of expertise, would like to submit a filming request or want to register for our press distribution list? Then simply contact us.
Together with its customers, the medical technology company RAUMEDIC is breaking new ground to improve the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. In doing so, RAUMEDIC focuses on polymer-based solutions for medical and pharmaceutical applications, as well as on products for intensive care.
RAUMEDIC has a global presence and a headcount of approximately 1,200. In its core markets of Europe and North America, the company manufactures using its own clean room production facilities.
- 1948 – Founding of today’s sister company Rehau AG + Co.
- 1957 – First German heart surgery with RAUMEDIC tubing
- 1971 – Official registration of the brand name “RAUMEDIC”
- 1978 – First automation in the field of injection molding
- 1996 – Entry into microchip technology
- 2001 – Installation of a 4-layer micro extrusion line
- 2004 – Spin-off of RAUMEDIC as a new company with 240 employees
- 2014 – Expansion of production and office areas at the headquarters in Helmbrechts
- 2015 – Construction of new development and production facilities in the USA
- 2016 – Start of production in Mills River, North Carolina, USA
- 2018 – Construction of a modern customer center at the German headquarters
- 2021 – The assembly company A&G from Tallinn (Estonia) joined the RAUMEDIC family
Executive Board RAUMEDIC AG
Chairman of the Executive Board & Chief Executive Officer
Following various positions with international medical technology companies, Stefan Seuferling joined Raumedic AG in 2018 as Member of the Executive Board. In March 2019, he was appointed Chairman of the Executive Board and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of RAUMEDIC AG. Since 2022 he is also responsible for RAUMEDIC Inc. as Chairman of the Board of Directors.
Member of the Executive Board & Chief Technology Officer
Thomas Knechtel joined the company in 2009. Beginning in 2016, he headed the Systems Business Unit. In 2018, he was appointed to the Executive Board, and since 2021 he is CTO of RAUMEDIC AG.
Member of the Executive Board & Chief Operating Officer
Klaus Schabert has been with RAUMEDIC since 2022. In 2023, he was appointed Member of the Executive Board and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of RAUMEDIC AG. He has many years of experience in global operations management.
Dr. Robert Schilling
Member of the Executive Board & Chief Financial Officer
Dr. Robert Schilling joined RAUMEDIC as Member of the Executive Board and Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in 2023. He has extensive expertise in finance and controlling, which he has demonstrated in various industries over the course of his career.
Facts & Figures
Turnover (in Millions of Euro)