We invite you to get to know Raumedic better. In our press section, you will find current press releases as well as background information about the company and its different business areas. Here, we provide the most important facts and figures. If you would like to learn more about us, we kindly ask you to have a look at our company pages.
We are pleased to help media representatives with all issues around Raumedic. You need further images, are researching about one of our areas of expertise, would like to submit a filming request or want to register for our press distribution list? Then simply contact us.
Human health is at the core of Raumedic Group's business. The company specializes in processing medical-grade thermoplastic polymers and silicones at six production sites in Europe and the United States.
As a partner of the international medical technology and pharmaceutical industry, the polymer specialist develops and produces customized components for customers, including tubing, catheters and molded parts as well as complex groups of components and systems for diagnostic and therapeutic uses. For the clinical areas of neuro-monitoring and traumatology, Raumedic produces high-precision pressure-measuring systems with microchip technology. In doing so, it plays a key role in safe patient care around the world.
With 70 years of experience in the areas of extrusion, injection molding and assembly, the company with a global workforce of 900 people turns customer ideas into mature products. The foundation of this work is formed by a quality management system based on ISO 13485 and clean room manufacturing on an area of 107,000 square feet (10,000 square meters) based on ISO 14644 (class 7).
Its global sales network and its own distribution companies in core markets ensure that medical and pharmaceutical customers as well as end users in hospitals and doctors’ offices have a high level of product availability at all times.
- 1948 – Founding of today’s sister company Rehau AG + Co.
- 1957 – First German heart surgery with Raumedic tubing
- 1971 – Official registration of the brand name “Raumedic”
- 1978 – First automation in the field of injection molding
- 1996 – Entry into microchip technology
- 2001 – Installation of a 4-layer micro extrusion line
- 2004 – Spin-off of Raumedic as a new company with 240 employees
- 2014 – Expansion of production and office areas at the headquarters in Helmbrechts
- 2015 – Construction of new development and production facilities in the USA
- 2016 – Start of production in Mills River, North Carolina, USA
- 2018 – Construction of a modern customer center at the German headquarters
- 2021 – The assembly company A&G from Tallinn (Estonia) joined the RAUMEDIC family
President & CEO
Brian Hutchison joined Raumedic Inc. in February 2022 as Chief Executive Officer. With more than 30 years of experience in senior executive management in the global medical technology market, Brian is an expert in the development of successful market strategies.
General Counsel & Corporate Secretary
Christian Reinert started working with RAUMEDIC in 2021. He is the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary of all RAUMEDIC companies including the US-based company, for which he provides legal advice. Christian has served as General Counsel & Corporate Secretary for public and private companies worldwide and has 20 years of experience as an international lawyer focusing on corporate and commercial law.