VariCoat® Wire Coating Solutions
With VariCoat®, RAUMEDIC fulfills the widest range of requirements for state-of-the-art medical technology. No matter whether wires, braids or fibers are required for the job – the coating added during the VariCoat® process produces a complete, even and highly durable surface that can be made up of a range of polymeric materials.
The new single-step process
Under controlled clean room conditions, we extrude the melted polymer directly onto the wire, braid or fiber in cutting-edge micro-extrusion technology. In this single-step process, the coating and the substrate are subjected to strain just once.
- Homogeneous, pinhole-free and extremely smooth surface structures
- Concentric coating of the substrate
- Uniform layer thicknesses
- No material flaking
- Customized degree of bond strength
No matter whether the job involves high-temperature polymers, technical polymers or standard polymers that come in a range of layer thicknesses and colors – the coating possibilities are nearly unlimited. Our material experts draw on a large variety of PFOA-free, medical-grade plastics and select the one that is best suited for your application.
Working as medical guidewires, electrodes for pain therapy or light guides – coated wires, braids and fibers are used in many different ways in medicine.
Diversity is also what substrates are all about. The VariCoat® process can apply a layer of polymer to wires and braids made from conductive metallic materials as well as to synthetic fibers.
The VariCoat® product line is broad as both conductive and non-conductive substrates can be coated with medical-grade plastics.
Variable application areas
Our VariCoat® product range is extremely versatile and meets the most diverse requirements for modern medical technology. But which are the specific application areas for plastic-coated wires in medicine? Simply click on the single icons to learn more!
As a signal cable for electronic hearing prostheses like cochlea implants
As a component of mapping catheters that are used for electrophysiological examinations in cardiology
As peripheral guidewires for catheters used during minimally invasive urological procedures
For neurosurgical procedures like deep-brain stimulation to relieve movement disorders
For sacral nerves stimulation to treat incontinence disorders related to the colon or bladder
As electrodes in neuromodulation, including for spinal cord stimulation
Quality for the good of the patient
Patient safety is our main priority. For this reason, we focus on our high quality standards when we talk about wire coatings with VariCoat®:
- The wire coating is applied in a Class 7 clean room (ISO 14644).
- Germ and particle concentrations remain very low as a result.
- An additional cleaning step is not required before secondary processing begins.
- RAUMEDIC manufactures its products in accordance with ISO 13485 and 15378.
- High-voltage and insulation inspection systems check the coating for homogeneity and completeness.
- Eccentricity, layer-thickness, diameter and ovality measurement systems ensure that the wire is properly positioned.
- Extremely thin layer thicknesses make it possible to create the smallest-possible outer diameters – for patient-friendly procedures.
- RAUMEDIC inspects all incoming raw materials.
- If a customer desires, we will also conduct chemical and mechanical tests before shipping.
Your sample set
To get a better impression of our VariCoat® product range, order your free sample set today.
Simply fill in the order form and we will send you your sample right away and obligation-free.
Get in touch with us and learn how VariCoat® can help your development project. We are also your expert contact partner when it comes to wire inlays!
Product Manager Marketing & Sales,
Tubing Business Unit
Telefon: +49 (0) 9252 359 3366