Always up to Date
We invite you to get to know Raumedic AG better. In our press section, you will find current press releases as well as background information about the company and its different business areas. Here, we provide the most important facts and figures. If you would like to learn more about us, we kindly ask you to have a look at our company pages.
We are pleased to help media representatives with all issues around Raumedic. You need further images, are researching about one of our areas of expertise, would like to submit a filming request or want to register for our press distribution list? Then simply contact us.
Representative for Public Relations
|Trademark RAUMEDIC||Created in 1971|
|Head of Supervisory Board||Dr. Reinhard Schick|
|Executive Board||Martin Bayer|
|Number of Employees||700|
Human health is at the core of Raumedic Group's business. The company specializes in processing medical-grade thermoplastic polymers and silicones at five production sites in Germany and the United States.
As a partner of the international medical technology and pharmaceutical industry, the polymer specialist develops and produces customized components for customers, including tubing, catheters and molded parts as well as complex groups of components and systems for diagnostic and therapeutic uses. For the clinical areas of neuro-monitoring and traumatology, Raumedic produces high-precision pressure-measuring systems with microchip technology. In doing so, it plays a key role in safe patient care around the world.
With nearly 70 years of experience in the areas of extrusion, injection molding and assembly, the company with a global workforce of 700 people turns customer ideas into mature products. The foundation of this work is formed by a quality management system based on ISO 13485 and clean room manufacturing on an area of 107,000 square feet (10,000 square meters) based on ISO 14644 (class 7).
Its global sales network and its own distribution companies in core markets ensure that medical and pharmaceutical customers as well as end users in hospitals and doctors’ offices have a high level of product availability at all times.
- 1948 – Founding of today’s sister company Rehau AG + Co.
- 1957 – First German heart surgery with Raumedic tubing
- 1971 – Official registration of the brand name “Raumedic”
- 1978 – First automation in the field of injection molding
- 1996 – Entry into microchip technology
- 2001 – Installation of a 4-layer micro extrusion line
- 2004 – Spin-off of Raumedic as a new company with 240 employees
- 2014 – Expansion of production and office areas at the headquarters in Helmbrechts
- 2015 – Construction of new development and production facilities in the USA
- 2016 – Start of production in Mills River, North Carolina, USA