Job SiteMills River, NC (USA)
Area of ResponsibilityQuality Management
Type of EmploymentPermanent Position
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience with Measure-X, Smartscope OGP or equivalent (Programming, Operating and Editing of current programs).
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practice
- Experience working in a fast-paced operational environment with constant interaction with Engineers, technicians and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret complex part prints.
- Able to read and understand Blueprints, CAD drawings, and 3D models.
- Able to support Production with checking critical dimensions.
- Knowledge of measuring devices like Calipers, Micrometers, Gage Blocks, Height Gauges, etc.
- Able to finish all projects in a timely manner.
- Experience in problem solving and troubleshooting of measurement equipment.
- Knowledgeable in GD&T.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in Microsoft products. Excel, Word, Power Point. SAP experience also a plus.
- Required to speak, read and write English language
- Knowledge of SPC.
- Able to work unsupervise
- Responsible for programming and operating the CMM and other measuring equipment.
- Interpret engineering drawing and specifications for writing CMM and Vision System programs.
- Ensures accuracy of programs to dimensioned tolerances
- Thorough knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Develop, maintain and communicate reports from the lab to internal customers.
- Serve as resident expert on all complex measurement equipment.
- Experienced in operating, maintaining and programming Smartscope OGP CMM’s using Measure-X software.
- Computer literacy (MS Office) is required as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Proper start-up and shut down of all measuring equipment, i.e., CMM, Vision systems.
- Familiar with the management of all calibration systems.
- Responsible for compiling data from GAGE R&R's and Capability studies.
- Consults with team member and managers on all technical issues.
- Notifies team members or managers of any defects, deviations or other safety issues.
- Responsible for updating any and all documentation related to customers specifications.
- Participate in all training activities.
- Should keep up with the latest technologies and advances in metrology.
- Communicate with customers on measurement techniques.
- Proper storing of all quality documents.
- Maintain clean working environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additonal duties as required or assigned
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment and CMM programing or Metrology.
- Orientation to detail to carefully record and measure processes; critical thinking to determine why processes or equipment do not work correctly; good observation to evaluate processes and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal skills
General Physical Requirements and Work Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working hours employee must be available are all shifts, Monday through Sunday.
- Significant time each day spent in a manufacturing environment or a clean room environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile; with heavy lifting requirements.
- Requires vision with the ability to distinguish color; perception of sound is required.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and collegues.
RAUMEDIC is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
So that your application can be processed faster by us, please apply here online under "Apply now". We look forward to receiving your application. For reasons of environmental protection and cost, RAUMEDIC expressly waives paper applications or application folders.