Senior R&D Medical Extrusion Technician
Mills River, NC (USA)
Research & Development
- Ability to design extrusion Tooling from customer drawings/specifications.
- Produce complex thermoplastic extrusion prototypes (multi lumen, multilayer, co-extrusions, thin wall reinforced).
- Train extrusion operators.
- Troubleshoot and provide root cause solutions for difficult extrusions.
The expectations of the technician are as follows:
- Perform process development activities for all R&D thermoplastic extrusions.
- Support R&D and production processes to ensure that jobs are started, performed and finished accurately and efficiently.
- Meet quality standards and specifications for all R&D and production builds.
- Support engineering with design, assembly, setup, debugging, installation of extrusion processes.
- Communicate effectively with operators, engineering and management so that all findings or issues are documented and resolved.
- Create, or update documents to reflect new, or current practices.
- Setup and changeover of production equipment per manufacturing instructions.
- Train production personnel the operation and changeover process and advise on possible improvements to the process to increase productivity and quality.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by identifying safety hazards and recommending and/or implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- Be a role model on the production floor and make sure that others around you are performing their jobs safely and correctly.
- Strong thermoplastic extrusion aptitude with troubleshooting skills in machinery and processes
- Competent in reading drawings
- Ability to produce prototype extrusions
- Ability to develop extrusion tooling from customer drawings/specifications
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Executing validations
- Solid modeling experience a plus
RAUMEDIC is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Information About Your Application
The best way for your application is via our online application tool. Alternatively you can send your application to the mail-address at the bottom of the site.
Your Application Contact
+1 (828) 620-2961