We are constantly searching for solutions that possess improved functional properties. The development of polymer products is done through modifications or by using new materials.
We offer the following technology platforms to our customers for the customised development of functional surfaces:
- Atmospheric gas phase precipitation
- Chemical gas phase precipitation in a vacuum (PE-CDV)
- Wet-chemical coating
Through the improvement of surface properties, it is possible to achieve the following improvements:
- Specific anti-adhesive properties
- Extremely smooth, slide-capable surfaces
- Decreased incrustation tendencies or decreased tissue adhesion
- Improved chemical and mechanical resistance
- Lower static and dynamic friction coefficients
Functional surfaces improve existing properties or create new properties. We coordinate with you when selecting suitable materials customised to your requirements. We subsequently modify the surface according to your requirements.
All methods applied are suitable for the geometries of tubing and moulded parts as well as partially for their inner contour. The modifications meet relevant requirements with respect to biocompatibility, zytotoxicity etc.
Friction coefficients such as sliding friction are used as indicators for dehesive surfaces. This factor plays a decisive role especially with respect to an improved sliding behaviour of polymer surfaces.
Measured in accordance with DIN EN ISO 8295, we managed to achieve a reduction of sliding friction values to below 10% in relation to the non-coated object of reference.