Thanks to our special core capabilities in extrusion technology, we are able to offer you customised manufacturing of multilayer or co-extruded tubing. Similar to micro extrusion, up to four different materials can be combined in this process.
Typical examples for the layer structure include:
- PVC / EVA / PE for RAUINERT infusion tubing that prevents loss of active ingredients in medicines
- TPE / Soft-PP, TPE / EVA and EVA / PUR filling tubing for PVC-free infusion containers
- PVC / PVC RAUSORB or PE / PE RAUSORB tubing for the protection of light-sensitive medicines during infusions
The layer distribution can be modified based on your requirements. It is highly important for a smooth further processing that even multilayer tubing products comply with extremely narrow tolerances and highest quality standards.
- Ability to embed several colour or X-ray contrast stripes
- Multilayer extrusion of up to four materials in a wide range of combinations
- Variable layer distribution based on economic and application-related aspects
- Integration of light protection properties
- Special consideration regarding compatibility within the body and the flow-through medium
- Use of specific adhesive enhancers when using incompatible polymers
Tubing products with X-ray contrasting characteristics (BaSO4) are produced for various catheter applications. We offer a choice between the extrusion of tubing with X-ray contrast in the form of a full contrast or with one or several X-ray contrast lines.
In this case, the X-ray contrast agent is either added to the polymeric material (full contrast) or integrated in the form of filled polymers as a line into the wall (liner) of the tubing.
This way, an optimal X-ray contrasting ability is achieved together with a simultaneous transparency of the tubing material. The maximum fill material content of the X-ray contrast agent is 60%.