The field of urology comprises all urodynamic testing that check the function of the bladder for its storage, transportation, and drainage function. Some of the indications are
- Urinary incontinency (genuine or postoperative stress, urge incontinence)
- Suspected detrusor instability
- Neurogenic bladder dysfunctions
- Subvesical obstruction symptoms
- Enuresis diurna et nocturna (bedwetting)
The RAUMEDIC UROBAR catheter is able to simultaneously measure the pressure in the bladder (vesical pressure) and in the urethra. The number and structure of the pressure sensors in the catheter used to measure urodynamic pressure, the diameter of the catheter, and the option for an additional lumen depend on its composition. It is very easy to adapt the UROBAR to commonly used urodynamic measuring stations.