The field of gastroenterology diagnoses diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, and the associated organs-pancreas, gallbladder, and liver. The dysfunctions in this area are determined with the help of endoscopes, ultrasound machines, and pressure catheters.
Especially for the manometry of the oesophagus, RAUMEDIC has developed special gastrointestinal measuring catheters that measure the pressure inside the oesophagus. The GASTROBAR measuring catheters have, depending on their composition, up to eight pressure sensors and a free arrangement of the microchip sensors. This way, pressure changes can be detected at several measuring points in the oesophagus.
The exact determination of the pressure readings can be done on through temporary as well as continuous gastroenterological pressure monitoring. It is very easy to adapt the GASTROBAR to commonly used gastroenterological measuring stations.
The GASTROBAR catheters are used to clarify different clinical issues:
- Reason for ambiguous dysphagia
- Primary dysfunctions in the movement path of the oesophagus (e.g. achalasia, unclear oesophageal spasms, nutcracker oesophagus)
- Secondary dysfunctions in the movement path of the oesophagus (e.g. secondary oesophageal motility dysfunctions related to systemic diseases such as scleroderma)
- Reflux esophagitis before scheduled anti-reflux surgeries and as a follow-up after the surgical procedure
- Clarification of non-cardial pain in the chest area