“Our goal is to develop new means and possibilities to preserve a high quality of life and to restore the health of those who have been struck ill.”
RAUMEDIC combines decades of experience in medical technology with the efficiency and drive of a modern company. We are a medium-sized, owner-operated company and place high value on the quality of our products.
We offer our customers polymer and elastomer product concepts. Produced through extrusion, injection moulding and assembly, these can be used in many fields within the medical and pharmaceutical industry.
Using our own research and development along with engineering, we develop custom products and manufacture these exclusively in Germany. We have a global distribution network and we are represented in selected markets by our own distribution companies.
- 1948 – Founding of REHAU PLASTIKS GmbH (today REHAU AG + Co.)
- 1957 – Tubing supplier for the first German heart operation
- 1971 – Brand name RAUMEDIC
- 1978 – First automation in the field of injection moulding
- 1979 – Introduction of PUR in catheter technology
- 1982 – Birth of RAUSORB
- 1996 – Entry into microchip technology in Zwönitz
- 2001 – 4 layer micro extrusion
- 2004 – Spin-off of RAUMEDIC AG from REHAU AG + Co.
- 2007 – "RAUMEDIC PTO" – first microchip catheter for measuring pressure, temperature and oxygen
- 2009 – First CE certified AIMD system
- 2011 – 510k approval for the RAUMEDIC ICP monitoring system